Registered Respiratory Therapist RT- PFT - 282458
Reference ID: 282458 ( This Job is closed. Please search for additional jobs above.)
As a Respiratory Therapist (RT), you will provide quality patient care as a member of the Respiratory Team, develop and ensure the patient plan of care collaboration with physicians, registered nurses, therapists, PT/OT/SLP therapists and nursing assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the Respiratory Therapist (RT) position include:
- Evaluating patient and recommends a treatment plan
- Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions
- Performing insertion and removal of endotracheal tubes
- Performing timely and accurate documentation
- Promoting continuous quality improvement
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
As a Respiratory Therapist (RT), you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Respiratory Therapist (RT) role include:
- Graduate of a respiratory care program
- Current licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the state
- Being a RRT or a CRT
- Current BLS
- ACLS to be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Positive, caring and customer-service-oriented attitude
Responsible for coordination of the Pulmonary Function lab, the Arterial Blood Gas lab and for QA/QC functions of the Respiratory Care department. Performs pulmonary function diagnostics. Responsible for all departmental QA/QC data collection and documentation. Also assumes regular duties as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
Associates Degree required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
2 to 4 years of experience preferred.
Registered Respiratory Therapist
NJ State Respiratory License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of pulmonary function studies.
Knowledge of ABG lab State and CAPS regulations and responsibilities.
Knowledge of QA/QC mandates (State & JCAHO).